Monday, June 14, 2010

Off to College she goes....

OK, well she's not quite ready for college just yet, but Keira did dance in her first recital at the local Jr College Theater last week!

In preperation for the big day, I explained to Keira that she would be dancing on a big stage. I told her that we were going to go to the college for her recital. I told her that we would be in the crowd of all the other mommies and daddies and we would be cheering for her! I told her that she would do great and would make us happy if she danced her best. I tried to prepare her as best as I could so she wouldn't be scared when the lights came on. If only I knew!

At first, I didn't know who was more nervous... me or her, but I think that was my way of denying that she's growing up so fast! I was definitely more nervous! Little Miss had no trouble hanging out back stage with the other dancers. She had no problem walking out onto the huge stage with her class. Once the lights came on and she saw that she would be dancing in front of 200+ friends, parents, and family members of the other students.... NO PROBLEM!

Keira proudly danced the Crocodile Rock. She looked up and saw Grandma and Papa P and Daddy and I and gave us an excited wave... and continued to dance her little heart away!

She's growing up so fast! She's a very independent little girl! She has no fear! Sometimes I want my little baby girl back... but watching her grow up with the confidence that she has.... makes me oh so happy! And I know that no matter what... she'll always be our little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment